Feeling creative? Creative enough to DIY your own anti-stretch mark oil? If stretch marks are a pesky issue for you but don’t want to spend a fortune on high tech laser beams, we stumbled across an amazing concoction for you to try that is fun, effective and won’t break the bank.
A tendency toward weak connective tissue is genetic, but this oil allows you to improve the elasticity of your skin. It is particularly effective in combination with a daily pinching massage. Hold a small area of skin between thumb and index finger, briefly pull it up, then let go again. Work across all ‘tight’ areas in the same way.
- 7 tablespoons avocado oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops neroli essential oil
- 2 vitamin e capsules
- Dark bottle
- Large sewing needle
1. Using a funnel, pour avocado oil into a dark bottle. (If the avocado oil already comes in a dark bottle, you can leave it and add the other ingredients to it.) Add lavender and neroli essential oils to bottle.
2. Using a large sewing needle, pierce vitamin E capsules.
3. Squeeze the contents of both capsules into the bottle. Seal the bottle and shake to combine.
To use, rub a little oil in your hands. Spread it over your belly wherever the skin feels tight. Massage it in. The oil will keep for at least 1 year.