Who doesn’t love a sprinkling of cinnamon on fresh apple pie or atop a chai latte? It’s just one of those spices that tastes and smells fantastic. The good news is, taste is not the only reason to love cinnamon. Here are some extra reasons to love this super spice:
- Just smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
- It is a natural food preservative.
- Apart from improving glucose levels, cinnamon lowers LDL cholesterol, triglyceride concentrations, and overall cholesterol levels without affecting HDL cholesterol. These all reduce risk factors for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- So much more than a spice, cinnamon is rich in manganese, iron, calcium, and fiber too. By adding it to any recipe, you are increasing your minerals.
- By adding a little cinnamon oil to your diffuser, this spicy fragrance will chase away odour. It also kills any bacteria that may be causing the odour so it does more than just mask foul scents.
- Cinnamon improves circulation, thins blood, and manages blood sugar levels. This results in fewer sugar cravings so you eat less and can more readily control your calorie intake.
- Cinnamon improves circulation and has a warming effect that people with arthritis feel eases their symptoms.
- Manganese, which cinnamon is rich in, reduces mood swings and cramps during PMS and cinnamaldehyde, an active compound in cinnamon, can help balance hormones.